Sunday, October 19, 2008

Apples, Apples Everywhere


We went to the Apple Festival in Elijay, GA today. I have never seen so many different apple related items in my life. Apples in every color, apple bread, apple pies, apple cider, apple slushi (weird), apple ice cream, you get the picture. Chris and I were able to buy a few yummy things. I can't wait to munch on my carmel covered apple. It is not fall without a carmel covered apple.

The best part of the whole day was going to eat at the famous Poole's BBQ. The food was good and the atmosphere was most interesting. Outside the restaraunt on the hill are hundereds of wooden pigs with names written on them. It looked like a pig graveyard. We had to get a picture (above). We are making the Apple Festival and Poole's a fall tradition.




No comments: